Anil Kumar Sahu

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wow!! Getting summer internship offer from IIT Madras, Mahyco and Mimo Finance

Hi!
I had doubt about my summer internship. My institute is not providing summer internship by its rules and policy. Students are solely responsible for getting summer internship. I sent a lot of email to various companies and organizations and I talked to many of seniors but could not find summer internship. My summer internship is of 8 credits and that is mandatory for all students. I posted cover letter and my cv on various yahoo and google groups but nothing happened any thing.

My institute is only responsible for winter internship and final placement. I tried my best for getting summer internship but no any fruitful result. Some of seniors helped me getting this one but everything went vain.

I got a mail from Prof Parikh(Placement coordinator of my batch) about summer
internship opportunity in Mahyco. One of member of placement committee sent CV of all students who was interested for Mahyco except me. Then placement committee had gone attention on list but he could not find me. Then next day he told me that please send me your biodata details. I sent him biodata. I went home for participating karmkanda of my pujaniya grandmother. Then I got call from my roomate that I got final selection in Mahyco for summer internship. I was very very happy and thought that now I am a lucky person because Mahyco selected two students out of 19 students on the basis of biodata. I confirmed date of joining in Mahyco via sending email to him. This is my first time when I become a lucky person.

Before coming result of Mahyco, I got call from Mimo Finance for confirmation date of joining. But I did not send mail to him. I was waiting for the result of Mahyco.

On 31st March where I found that one letter of E-316(my room number) is shown on hostel website. I went to hostel supervisor and told him about my letter. Then I opened letter and found that I am selected in IIT Madras for summer fellowship programme. I was very surprise and very happy and decided that I will have to join IIT as a summer trainee. I called many friends about decision where to join. All my friends suggested me to join IIT then I set mind that I should go for IIT.

I met with Placement officer regarding the same. But she did not allow me to join IIT. She told me that I will have to join Mahyco other wise I will not be in placement procedure for winter and final placement that means out from placement procedure. I told her that I am loosing brand value of IIT. IIT gave a great opportunity for me. It can not come back in my life. I sent a two page write up regarding my project at IIT. My intended project is selected by IIT. I requested too much but she did not listen to me. I was completely harassed.

Then what can I do now? Some times we loss great things because of certain circumstances. Finally I decided that I have to join Mahyco rather that IIT because this is a matter of career and making good relationship with placement cell.

Thanks,
A. K. Sahu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home